Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back ups and practice squad vs Cleveland
The Bengals back ups and practice squad minus Brandon played very well against a Cleveland team playing primarily starters! It is safe to say the depth on defense is good and you can't really judge offense because Brandon was terrible for 90% of the game.
Reply/Quote
Mike Daniels was solid... no surprise
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 08:31 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Mike Daniels was solid... no surprise
I have no idea how that man is on the practice squad... He's like 32... and really good.
If we had even a decent back up QB the Bengals would have the win.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 08:34 PM)M.W. Wrote: I have no idea how that man is on the practice squad... He's like 32... and really good.
If we had even a decent back up QB the Bengals would have the win.

He's got Reader, Ogunjobi, Hill and Topou in front of him. We are damned lucky to have him in reserve
Reply/Quote
Mike Daniels definitely suprised me and I think he needs to get some snaps in this playoff game. But our overall depth was good and I thought played pretty well.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 08:53 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Mike Daniels definitely suprised me and I think he needs to get some snaps in this playoff game. But our overall depth was good and I thought played pretty well.

Definitely, no team should ever have a practice squad and back team that can beat another NFL team with 80% of their starters.
Reply/Quote
Backup WR’s/TE’s were not impressive. I saw what looked like 3 straight drops on one series. Overall I’d say our backups did fine. I was worried we’d get blown out 41-3 with just backups playing but they held their own which is a great sign.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Was happy to see my guy, Trent Taylor get some time in at WR , catch a couple of balls , and put his toughness on display.
Reply/Quote
Honestly, the game didn't exist. I felt nothing. Shame it goes in the books.

Reply/Quote
Let's hope that's the last time we ever see Brandon Allen take a snap for the Bengals. That's not even XFL level. Blessing in disguise. I'm sure this front office saw that and said "We need a backup that can potentially win a game against a playoff level team"

This game highlighted that this team has very little depth. I would rag on the defense for their poor tackling but the Bengals suck AGAIN at tackling with their starters so it was just more of the same in that regard. I could just see Offensive Coordinators saying during film sessions. "You normally don't have to worry about the first Bengals defender trying to tackle you. He'll likely miss so focus more on the next 'potential' tackler because either he or the next guy will probably be the one to take you down"

Markus Bailey and Mike Daniels showed up today. Wyatt Ray had a play but he doesn't bring much. Tre Flowers had serious footwork issues and got torched. You could say Shelvin has LOTS of upside because he can't get much lower. Either coach him up or move on, he looks like a waste of a roster spot.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
I must say I didn't watch it.

For anyone that did how did D. Smith look?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I know Our backup QB was playing with backups,but man,I had actually forgotten how bad this guy really is.I thought for the most part,the rest of the guys done a decent job.
Reply/Quote
Let's go Brandon!
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 11:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I must say I didn't watch it.

For anyone that did how did D. Smith look?

Gave up a sack to Miles Garrett, but I didnt think he was too bad. Hard to tell with blindon Allen back there. He sacked himself once.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 12:14 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Gave up a sack to Miles Garrett, but I didnt think he was too bad. Hard to tell with blindon Allen back there. He sacked himself once.

He was stepped on by Adeniji; he didn't sack himself.

D'ante had a good game and the sack given up was Allen moving up in the pocket, into Garrett
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
If we don't draft Bailey Zappe, we could get a backup QB via free agency:

Mike White
Andy Dalton
Ryan Fitzpatrick

Yeah, I'm probably gonna get ridiculed for these choices, but I think they would be more serviceable than what we saw today.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 09:27 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Backup WR’s/TE’s were not impressive. I saw what looked like 3 straight drops on one series. Overall I’d say our backups did fine. I was worried we’d get blown out 41-3 with just backups playing but they held their own which is a great sign.

Yeah, and they mentioned on WLW that it's kind of hard to evaluate Allen....he did have some high throws....was it him, or was it the putrid receiver play?

Overall, pretty decent showing by the reserve players.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 02:44 AM)Interceptor Wrote: If we don't draft Bailey Zappe, we could get a backup QB via free agency:

Mike White
Andy Dalton
Ryan Fitzpatrick

Yeah, I'm probably gonna get ridiculed for these choices, but I think they would be more serviceable than what we saw today.

I really wish we could get Fitz here.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 01:54 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I really wish we could get Fitz here.

We can. He's FA in 2022.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 02:44 AM)Interceptor Wrote: If we don't draft Bailey Zappe, we could get a backup QB via free agency:

Mike White
Andy Dalton
Ryan Fitzpatrick

Ugh, what is it with everyone being obsessed with Zappe? He's an air-raid system guy, like all of Mike Leach's QBs (Gordon, Falk, Halliday, Minshew, etc. Minshew is the only one that has done anything in the NFL), of which Mike White is also from.

Someone like Ridder would be a good backup, though he'd probably be drafted high-enough that we can get an actual contributor instead.

Allen is fine; if you have a backup like Dilfer then you are in good shape and Allen is absolutely like Dilfer.

(01-10-2022, 01:52 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Yeah, and they mentioned on WLW that it's kind of hard to evaluate Allen....he did have some high throws....was it him, or was it the putrid receiver play?

Overall, pretty decent showing by the reserve players.

The high throws stopped in the second half, but all I will say is that aside from the one high one to Chase, when he threw to Chase, he looked bang-on and the offense was clicking.

Allen will not lose you a game, but he will also not win it for you. If I were to rate him amongst the other backups, he'd be in the 19-15 range. He needs a solid running game to work with, as opposed to someone you can put the game on their shoulders.

He also got very little help from the oline (not their fault really, being thrown into the fire against those beast of DEs) and Adeniji stepped on his foot, which caused a sack and that play he actually had time, so who knows if a completion is made there.

The only thing I wasn't impressed with yesterday (with him, specifically), is the clock management. I don't know if the line was taking forever to get set or if he was taking forever getting the play in, but that play clock went to 0 way too often.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote