Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Broncos request Interview with Callahan
(01-11-2022, 11:01 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I think they've chased QBs for too long.  They've neglected a lot of the rest of the team as a result of this chase to find their savior at QB.  Elway remains a folk hero here, but I think he's the problem.  He doesn't let players or coaches ever get established.  A few years ago people were still getting excited about the moves.  The air has really been let out of the fan base from what it was when I moved here 6 years ago.  2018 was the only season in the last 7 they've started the same QB the full season.  It's insane.  They've drafted 4 of the 10 QBs in those 7 years.  That's Cleveland Browns level ineptitude.  They got lucky with Peyton or their span of bad seasons would be worse.  

Callahan is really interesting.  I think there's still some debate/confusion on what exactly he controls vs what Zac controls.  I wonder what difference it would make to the Bengals being without him.  But Callahan has family connections, appears to be bright and presents himself well and has history in Denver that would make it interesting.  I'd imagine his family connections have gotten him better relationships in the league, which ZT struggled with being so inexperienced when he came to Cincinnati, so building his coaching team should be less of a struggle.  

The big issue is his timing, since he won't be available until after the SB  Smirk

What have they neglected? The way I see it, they're literally a QB away from being very dangerous. They have 3 solid to very good WRs, a good TE, and a two headed RB monster. They're defense is pretty damn good... Well I guess a QB and a coach away from being very dangerous.

I don't think we'll be losing any coordinators this year. Teams are doing their due diligence, but c'mon.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Broncos request Interview with Callahan - jason - 01-11-2022, 11:21 PM