Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Raiders’ Confidence on Saturday
(01-13-2022, 06:55 PM)TheFan Wrote: It was pretty much the same people each week having the same argument of whether he was a good coach or not. Some had blind optimism/faith and others had blind faith. I think about half-way through the season most fans were pretty in the middle and if not for a late season surge winning 3 in a row he could have been gone after this year. 

A good portion of the criticism Taylor received over the past 2.5 season was deserved. The praise he has got over the past 1 to .5 season has been deserved. Obviously at some point there was going to be that overlapping section. 

The Fire Zac Taylor threads after losses are just as lame as the Hah I Was Right threads some people how thrown up the last couple weeks. 

I definitely agree with that, wholeheartedly. It brings up an interesting thought....I think there are some that just can't admit they may have been wrong about what these guys were building. The flip of that is, no one likes a bragger...lol. If this team had failed to win the division, I'd wager the " fire Zac" crowd may have been a bit louder. 

For me, I can't say I was 100 percent behind keeping Zac. However, I was also willing to have a little more patience with him than most. For one, I realized this team was swirling the drain the last two years Marvin was here and that it wouldn't be an overnight deal gutting and replenishing the roster. Even if Marvin was still here, he was going to have to go through those pains himself. The core was all over thirty, and the rest of the team/depth just wasn't very good. *Especially* the oline. It was gonna be a mess for a while, one way or another.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Raiders’ Confidence on Saturday - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-13-2022, 07:42 PM