Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Raiders’ Confidence on Saturday
(01-13-2022, 09:39 AM)Whacked Wrote: This article conveys some valid points on why this game will be much closer than some may think.

I sure hope the Bengals don’t overlook the confidence, grittiness and 4 weeks’ straight of wins for the Raiders

https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/2022/01/12/raiders-starting-to-get-used-to-winning-and-that-makes-them-dangerous/

Good stuff, Whack, but this article is really reaching and pumping up a lot of false hopes.

No team is hotter than the Raiders?  Really?  Does Green Bay and KC know this?  Do the Bengals?

After getting destroyed by the Chiefs (who is the only team that they faced that has weapons and a QB like Cincy in their "run"), their schedule looks like this:

Beat a Nick Mullins-led Browns team that had a ton of folks out with Covid.

Beat a Drew Lock-led Broncos team at home

Beat an Indy team with a QB that had been out for a week due to COVID (unvaccinated)

Beat the Chargers at home in OT in a game where they gave up 6 of 7 fourth down conversions.  

The last game was probably the most impressive, but the Chargers don't look ready for Prime Time as they lost 3 of their last 4 down the stretch to piss away any playoff chances.  Herbert, to his credit, played very well.  

I don't see that in any way shape or form as "the hottest team in the league".

Heck, I would put the following teams ahead of them in terms of who is really hitting their stride at the right time:

Bengals 
Chiefs
Bills (won 5 straight, all by double digits)

Hell, I would even put pitt ahead of them as they won 3 of their last 4 including a huge upset over the Titans.  

So, no disrespect to the Raiders, but this article is full of poo
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Raiders’ Confidence on Saturday - SHRacerX - 01-14-2022, 09:03 AM