Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
PFF grades vs LV (playoff edition)
(01-16-2022, 12:38 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Burrow is awesome and has really changed this franchise.

However, Chase was the one who had me excited again yesterday.  Amazing that he is only a 21 year old rookie who will only get better.  I think only injuries could keep him from someday getting a gold jacket. He’s just one of those rare guys that stands out as being the best player on the field during an NFL game.
I thought he would be really good but not at this good, this soon.

Chase has been such a game-changer. In hindsight, drafting Chase to pair with Burrow was the obvious move (I say this as a guy who liked Sewell). I think the pre-existing synergy is a really underestimated part of what makes them so effective. Pairing guys who have played in collage (and played VERY successfully) gives those guys an edge which most other teams simply don't have.

The difference Burrow makes is insane though. It's not just his elite ability as a QB... what sets him apart is his poise. He's just so calm and ready to go in the big moments. I know he's a lot better than Andy Dalton, but the difference for me was I wasn't even nervous about yesterday's game. Previously I always thought 'if we don't get it done today, when will we?'... but win or lose yesterday, I was confident knowing Burrow would bring us back in future years.

Burrow is 7-0 and 29 TDs to 0 INTs in 'must-win' games. I mean if that doesn't tell you the guy turns up when it matters the most, nothing will. Those stats are video game stats ffs. We'll obviously see, but he's a born winner and we can win a Superbowl with this guy.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: PFF grades vs LV (playoff edition) - TheCincinnatiKid - 01-16-2022, 12:48 PM