Poll: Should Marvin Lewis be in the Ring of Honor some day?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
Should Marvin Lewis be in the Ring of Honor some day?
(01-19-2022, 03:07 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: See, this is where I run into issues. I would love to see Sam in the ring, but if Marvin is a definite no...then I don't see how Sam gets in. He only had 3 winning seasons in 8 years and a losing record overall. Forrest may be the most qualified (having a winning record and a SB appearance) but was only here 4 years...so I'm not sure you could put him in either.

Hell, even Paul didn't get in for his coaching with the Bengals, but for his overall impact on the game and bringing pro football to Cincinnati. 

I also like Sam, but can't justify him being on the Ring of Honor because I thought he was cool. I also like Ickey Woods, Eddie Brown, and many players that probably aren't RoH worthy. Subjectivity is a-okay by me with something fun like the RoH, but it surely adds complexity to the process.

Obviously you know the criteria, but Paul Brown got in because of his Canton enshrinement. Thus, the organization was able to ignore his coaching record and the shortcomings as you point out.

I don't think any Bengals coach is worthy of the recognition until a Super Bowl win or entrance into Canton. The Bengals are historically losers: 373-459-5.  Cry
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should Marvin Lewis be in the Ring of Honor some day? - TecmoBengals - 01-19-2022, 03:16 PM