Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doesn’t seem to be a lot of oline depth this year
(01-19-2022, 09:47 PM)Synric Wrote: Charles Cross is a scheme dependent left tackle only prospect. He is a very raw run blocker that is used to cut off blocking. All the athletic traits you want but going into a wide zone and switching to right the strong side run blocker could be growing pains.

There is nothing soft about Trevor Penning he has smooth feet and lightning fast hands. He has played on both the right and left sides and even a season at RG. Nasty demeanor between the whistles. His issues are he needs to clean up the timing of his punch and take better angles in space.

For the Bengals I like Penning because scheme and position versatility and late in games you can see defenders not wanting fully engage with him because they are tired of getting knocked over and jumped on pushed over piles etc...

I think Penning is a good fit and more likely to be available.

In a perfect world, I want a ready made free agent to man that position.  If I can't have that, Penning may be the next best option.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Doesn’t seem to be a lot of oline depth this year - samhain - 01-21-2022, 10:38 AM