Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PFWA All-AFC Team: Burrow & Chase
(01-25-2022, 01:17 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Guess I'll just disagree with your total yards are irrelevant stance. Pretty sure it's relevant. 

What are your thoughts on TDs? I'm not sure you've shared that

It doesn't appear the metric you used to "predict team success" worked out for you in the Chubb v. Mixon debate

That’s fine. Efficiency is what is important, not volume. A performance of 100 yards on 30 carries isn’t a good game, but it’ll get you 1700 yards in a season.

Touchdowns are great and Mixon had great touchdown numbers. They are only part of the equation, though.

That’s because RB performance is largely irrelevant to team success. The NFL is QB driven, not RB driven. The Browns have an aggressively mediocre QB whereas Cincinnati has one of the best QBs in the league this season. This is apparent when looking at Taylor and Ekeler as well, both of whom had better seasons than Mixon and missed the playoffs. I’m saying they are the best metrics to use because of their correlation to victories, but that correlation is still weak. Running backs don’t matter much.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: PFWA All-AFC Team: Burrow & Chase - KillerGoose - 01-25-2022, 01:31 AM