Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
If We Pull Off the Win in KC ,Will be be the Favorites in the Superbowl?
(01-26-2022, 01:22 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: https://www.cincyjungle.com/veteransofcincinnati/2015/2/1/7959443/super-bowl-xvi-between-the-bengals-and-49ers-remains-highest-rated

As of 2015 ...

Super Bowl XVI between the Bengals and 49ers remains highest-rated

The Cincinnati Bengals Super Bowl XVI game against the San Francisco 49ers remains the highest-rated sporting event in history. That's a bit shocking but kind of cool regardless.
By Josh Kirkendall@Josh_Kirkendall  Feb 1, 2015, 1:00pm EST  

I think many tuned in because there were so many novel angles to that game.  To that point the SB always seemed to have the usual suspects somewhere in the mix.  Pittsburgh, Dallas, Miami, Oakland, even Minnesota showing up every couple of years to lose one.  But SB XVI was the first SB since SB III to not feature one of those teams I listed, the first in a dozen years to not feature returning contestants.  The Bengals and 49ers both came out of left field that year.  And it was the first SB to be held in a cold-weather city, and Detroit to boot.  I loved the Silverdome and visited a couple dozen times, but it's one of the last places you suspect they would hold a SB. It was all so unique, and I think that drew a lot of extra eyeballs.  My theory, anyway.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If We Pull Off the Win in KC ,Will be be the Favorites in the Superbowl? - Awful Llama - 01-26-2022, 01:41 PM