Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Burrow doesn't move well in the pocket
(01-27-2022, 04:11 AM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: He's a little bigger than Kenny, but I think athletically, and overall too honestly that Burrow compares well to Kenny Anderson.  My favorite Bengals QB honestly.

I was very young, but Kenny could scoot!  I think Burrow is as about as quick and fast as Anderson was but against todays defenders it doesn't look like it.  Same with the arm strength, if memory serves, Walsh hand picked Anderson outta DIII Augustana when he was OC here right?  Then in San Fran, Joe Montana was his guy.  

I think Burrow compares favorably to Montana as well.  I think Burrow is a Bill Walsh prototype.  And that's a pretty dang good prototype to be.....exceedingly cerebral, athletic, high level leadership qualities, enough arm talent and technique to push the ball downfield effectively, but not such a cannon that in adrenaline inducing moments they're prone to overthrows, and ofc pocket presence and cajones come in handy as well.

Bill Walsh was a genius.  Maybe we were cursed by Walsh, who PB is known to have hated on so vexed he was that Walsh wasn't willing to watch the obviously inferior man get promoted because of tenure basically.

And the only way to break the curse of Walsh is with a QB who is molded to the specs he prefers.  Joey B is our guy, he's gotta be.

Too young to have ever watched Anderson and I was 1 when Montana retired so I don't know how he compares play style to those two. I was have to go off of players I've watched and Romo came to mind. It may be and likely are players he compares more closely to. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burrow doesn't move well in the pocket - MasonDT70 - 01-27-2022, 04:21 AM