Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
If Bengals Pick Late, Trade Down
(01-25-2022, 06:04 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-2022-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-kenny-pickett-malik-willis-among-3-qbs

That’s Daniel Jeremiah’s first mock draft. You can look to see who would be left on the board.

If the Jaguars offered you their #33 pick and this year’s fourth round pick would you trade back in this scenario and who would you pick at #33? And what might you do with the extra fourth round pick?
I would be shocked if he landed at 29 but to answer the question. No I would not trade the pick if he Linderbaum  is available.
(01-26-2022, 11:52 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Not only OL, but defense as well.

Bengals have a few big impact players set to hit FA:
Bates
Ogunjobi
Hill
Spain
Reiff
Uzomah

RG is also the weakest link on the OL right now.

It's going to be difficult (although not impossible) to fill all that with solid-or-better FAs with the cap space the Bengals have.

If the Bengals can get all their starters set in FA, I'd be more ok with getting another WR if he's head and shoulders BPA.
However, I'd have a strong feeling that WR wouldn't get many offensive snaps barring injury for a year or two due to Chase, Higgins, and Boyd being in front of him.

(01-26-2022, 03:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I definitely think between FA and the first 2-3 rounds of the draft, the Bengals should be able to upgrade their starting positions.
They can then use remaining cap and later draft picks to try to upgrade the depth.

I haven't been this excited about the postseason and upcoming draft in a long time.

It's important to keep in mind that the Bengals have young in house Talents that they like to start at RG with Carmen, Smith, and Odenji. 

I would expect them to sign all of those guys you mentioned except for either Hill or Ogunjobi. None of those should be terribly expensive outside of Bates.

C and CB to me are the biggest concerns on the roster right now.

I agree with your assessment though it's a good time to be a Bengals fan.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
If Bengals Pick Late, Trade Down - kevin - 01-01-2022, 03:55 PM
RE: If Bengals Pick Late, Trade Down - J24 - 01-24-2022, 07:55 PM
RE: If Bengals Pick Late, Trade Down - J24 - 01-27-2022, 06:14 PM
If Bengals Pick Late, Trade Down - BenZoo2 - 02-10-2022, 05:11 PM
RE: If Bengals Pick Late, Trade Down - J24 - 02-18-2022, 03:04 PM