Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Scared of Terrorism Should You Be?
(11-23-2015, 01:14 PM)GMDino Wrote: I said there is more proof...and that it could change because they keep looking and researching.

There is zero doubt of global warming.  Zero.  Does that mean we are doomed?  Not necessarily.  Does that mean we can just ignore it and hope it goes away?  No.

You are still afraid because of one attack 14 years ago.  That is the terrorists winning.

Were you this afraid after the Oklahoma City Bombing?  Do you still want white men to not be able to buy fertilizer? 

Global vs localized.

War vs fear.

America used to stand up and say "come and get it"...now we say we better keep all foreigners out so we can be "safe" while you have a better chance of drowing in your own tub than being a victim of a terrorist.

That is selling fear.  For votes and your rights.

I am not afraid of climate change or terrorism.  I am aware of both and what we can do to prepare and / or change the chances of either one occurring close to home.

And yet on another thread you are complaining about these non-existent terrorists that we shouldn't be concerned about being able to buy weapons.  I still don't follow why one is fear and one is precaution.

And you can't buy large amounts of fertilizer without it being reported.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: How Scared of Terrorism Should You Be? - michaelsean - 11-23-2015, 01:58 PM