Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
If Bengals Pick Late, Trade Down
(01-28-2022, 05:13 PM)ochocincos Wrote: What'd they do to address the OL though?
Signed a backup-level player in XSF to be a starter.
He's been hurt nearly the entire 2 years and just meh when playing.
They signed a clear short-term rental in Riley Reiff who hadn't even been that great this year, just the best option.
He's expected to void his 2nd year, potentially putting the Bengals back on the search for a new RT.
There isn't a single player on OL making $10+ mill APY, which is the going rate for basically every upper-tier player at every position on the OL.

Hopefully this year the Bengals are willing to spend for some better FA talent on offense, even if it means using some drafted talent to contribute more to the defense.

Reiff, XSF., Carman, Smith  I think both XSF and Reiff would have started had they been healthy and they would have been average.

I think they miscalculated on a couple things and the line was one.  I think this year they go out and fix what they missed last year. 

I'm hoping to see this year's version of Awuzie with an OG (young guy, under the radar) and also hoping that we get an established vet that want to come and stabilize the line for a run at a Super Bowl.  Both those types can be had for under $10 million per.  I also think they invest in the O-line during the draft and continue to bring in young talent.  I also think they move Carman out to RT and hope he develops enough to play there long term
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
If Bengals Pick Late, Trade Down - kevin - 01-01-2022, 03:55 PM
RE: If Bengals Pick Late, Trade Down - J24 - 01-24-2022, 07:55 PM
RE: If Bengals Pick Late, Trade Down - J24 - 01-27-2022, 06:14 PM
RE: If Bengals Pick Late, Trade Down - Hammerstripes - 01-28-2022, 05:21 PM
If Bengals Pick Late, Trade Down - BenZoo2 - 02-10-2022, 05:11 PM
RE: If Bengals Pick Late, Trade Down - J24 - 02-18-2022, 03:04 PM