Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is up with our passing game?
(11-23-2015, 04:09 PM)Wyche Wrote: I think it's combination of a lot of things to be honest.  We played a lot more power football last year....we used the Hback more....and Hill is a tick indecisive at times too.  After watching Dalton scramble all over the field the last two games, and a poor effort on the ground, I just have to lean more with the blocking than anything else.

God help us if our step back in blocking is due to replacing Gresham with "Seals & Kroft."  The whole Hill off-season thing is a reason I should be a bit ashamed to admit I monitored a football message board so hard during the months nothing was being played.  Hill was SO good that:

- We were going to be a "run first" team like it was 1937
- We needed to maybe trade Gio or make him a WR so Hue wouldn't be tempted to do anything stupid like "give him the ball" when he could be giving it to Hill
- we gleefully extrapolated his YPC and TD stats while saying he was going to stop fumbling, for some reason
- if you don't have Gio and Hill rated as the best RB duo in the league you should go root for another team
- best blocking TE we have? Who needs him!

Did I miss any?  Also, should we have targeted a run-blocking FA o-lineman (ala Mike Iupati) if this was our quest?  Who knows.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is up with our passing game? - Nately120 - 11-23-2015, 04:19 PM