Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is up with our passing game?
(11-23-2015, 04:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: God help us if our step back in blocking is due to replacing Gresham with "Seals & Kroft."  The whole Hill off-season thing is a reason I should be a bit ashamed to admit I monitored a football message board so hard during the months nothing was being played.  Hill was SO good that:

- We were going to be a "run first" team like it was 1937
- We needed to maybe trade Gio or make him a WR so Hue wouldn't be tempted to do anything stupid like "give him the ball" when he could be giving it to Hill
- we gleefully extrapolated his YPC and TD stats while saying he was going to stop fumbling, for some reason
- if you don't have Gio and Hill rated as the best RB duo in the league you should go root for another team

Did I miss any?  Also, should we have targeted a run-blocking FA o-lineman (ala Mike Iupati) if this was our quest?  Who knows.

My 2 cents: Jeremy Hill is a RB you have to feed consistently the whole game. The more runs he has the better he gets. He did so well last year because Gio had significantly less snaps than he is on pace for this year. I truly think we're just bailing out on the run game too early in games. Maybe they're trying to keep Hill fresh for december. Who knows?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is up with our passing game? - treee - 11-23-2015, 04:21 PM