Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnny Fartball is named STARTER!!! UPDATE - STARTER NO MORE!!!!
(11-22-2015, 08:54 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: They should have saved the money on McCown before the season and rolled with Manziel for the whole year anyways. That team was not a mediocre-yet-consistent QB away from playoffs/championship. If I were the owner/GM, instead of signing aging over/never on the hill veterans (Bowe/McCown/Hartline) I would've tried getting picks/young talent and told Pettine that he has job security through the next two offseasons to try and put a decent team together. Manziel probably is not going to be a franchise QB, but at least erase any doubt in a wasted season now.

Not that I'm complaining they suck though.

Yea but...developing a QB and stuff.  How many rookie, or unprepared QB's have the Browns started since 1999?  Couch, Frey, Anderson, Quinn, McCoy, Weeden, Shaw, and now Manziel.  None of them were great, none of them were ready.  I thought maybe just this once the Browns would try to put their new QB behind a vet for a season (Hoyer wasn't a good coach, McCown is) and try to develop him rather than the old "toss 'em out there, hope magic happens, then cut him and find someone else to ruin" method they've been using for the past 16 years.

If the past holds true, I'll assume Manziel flops and they draft his replacement very soon.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny Fartball is named STARTER!!! - Nately120 - 11-23-2015, 06:14 PM