Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is up with our passing game?
(11-23-2015, 10:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I said it a few weeks ago, and I'll say it again now.  Even though we won the game, Pittsburgh gave the entire league the blueprint on how to beat the Bengals.  And it is very simple, just attack the interior of the OL, and disrupt the play.  We won versus Pittsburgh, because the have a lousy secondary.  We have lost the past two games, because teams brought pressure, but had good secondary to back it up.

Can we fix the problems?  I don't know.  The Bengals favor building an offensive line from the outside in, rather than from the Center outward.  There is a reason that more teams in the NFL run a 3-4 than a 4-3, it is more effective at getting pressure and attacking hidden weaknesses on opposing OLs.

Sure, it's easy. Its called dumping the hell out of it to Gio until they back off. They finally called a design dumpoff to him last night on a blitz, and he scampered for a ton of yards. Once they can do that on a successful basis, teams will think twice when #25 is back there. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is up with our passing game? - Millhouse - 11-23-2015, 10:39 PM