Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I hope our Fanbase doesn't change because of this...
(01-31-2022, 10:05 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Whether we win the Super Bowl or not, and whether we turn this team into a dynasty or not, I REALLY hope our fan base doesn't turn into the Chiefs fan base.

Reading the NFL subreddit game thread and then reading the comments from Chiefs fans on twitter, and then reading their own subreddit after the game, those fans are absolutely terrible. I imagine a fair number of them are bandwagon fans, but the Chiefs are not some historically relevant franchise. How they have turned so toxic so quickly is horrifying. And that's not even getting into the media stans (Nick Wright is the worst one).

Nothing is the Chiefs' fault. They are the victims of everything. The refs are out to get them. The Bengals didn't deserve to face them. etc.

I really hope this team and this fanbase remain likable and humble even in the face of success.

I don't want us to be the NFL's villain in 3 or 4 years like the Chiefs have become. I want us to always be the hero of the story. And I think Burrow will remain who he is. I'm just a little nervous about the fan base haha.

Subreddit and Twitter are basically the same as GameDay threads. I hope people don't judge a fan base based on GameDay threads. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I hope our Fanbase doesn't change because of this... - TheFan - 01-31-2022, 05:28 PM