Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Dolphins wanted Burrow really, really bad…
(02-01-2022, 08:24 PM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: From what I've read, this stinks of a "settling out of court" suit.
NFL wont like the allegations of tanking though, if he has that in writing Ross is screwed.

It'll be settled. Great timing by the lawyers, dropping a PR nightmare right before the Super Bowl.

Not sure what to believe with these allegations, but I've always believed tanking has spread to the NFL. It's common sense. It's been used as a means to rebuild in MLB and NBA...yet we think the NFL is above it?

The Colts tanked for Luck. That was a playoff roster. They played Curtis Painter and didn't even try to swing a trade or sign a vet. 2-14.

The Browns tanked for 2 years with Hue, compiling picks. The Dolphins were clearly stockpiling picks and tanking as well. I also think it's very possible we were tanking for Joe Burrow.

Would anyone hate that decision now? NFL might want to adopt a draft lottery system to discourage it. Doesn't work for the NBA, but I think it could work for the NFL, since teams are really targeting 1 QB at the top, usually.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dolphins wanted Burrow really, really bad… - Shake n Blake - 02-01-2022, 11:16 PM