Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hue Jackson called a run play on the last offensive snap
(11-24-2015, 01:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And these people do not realize that we don't automatically convert every single third and 2 by running the ball.

That is the gift of hindsight.  You are never wrong.

Though I was critical of the call to begin with it is worth noting that Hue has said that it was his call in the first place, and he'd do it again: 

“Oh my God, we have our best player against -- their best corner was on the sideline. He was done,” Jackson said. “So you've got your best player out on the field and the safety is standing in the middle of the field, so you've got to take that shot. Game over. On something which a lot of people would say is routine, we missed. I mean, we're going to always stay aggressive.”

I admit I was furious about the call and felt that the run was the higher percentage play that would have resulted in less time for Palmer to dissect our defense.   But Hue is the professional here and his quote supports his professional opinion that the throw to AJ was the higher percentage play with the best possible outcome.  And you're right I have often complained that the Bengals don't play to win but not to lose.

Imagine that.  I don't know as much as the guys that get paid...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hue Jackson called a run play on the last offensive snap - 3wt - 11-24-2015, 03:47 PM