Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
There are only like two players left from the Marvin Lewis era...
(02-03-2022, 02:32 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Tyler Boyd and Sam Hubbard (I think).

That is really freaking hard from me to believe - that this roster was completely scrubbed in like three years. It was completely gutted from the coaching staff to the players on the field.

I know it helps to basically luck into the drafting of Burrow #1 overall - that will completely accelerate a rebuild...but man, could this rebuild have went ANY better? Just complete hits on the draft, free agency, and a lot of key positions on the team that matter.

Yes there were some misses and they could add pieces this off-season to REALLY solidify this team, but I think a major storyline that doesn't get talk about enough is just how efficient this rebuild was and how this roster was completely flipped.

Many players left who were here with Marvin, as others have noted.

Taylor doesn't do the drafting, but he helps just as Marvin did. The coaches didn't want Ross, but the front office did. I'd also like to point out that the team has had 3 picks in the top 11 in Taylor's 3 seasons. Marvin only had 5 picks in the top 11 over his 18 years. Of course, Marvin didn't have pick 32 either. LOL

There have been many excellent draft picks over the past 20 years.

We'll be picking last in the each round this year. The draft changes for a team in that position.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: There are only like two players left from the Marvin Lewis era... - BengalChris - 02-03-2022, 09:48 PM