Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
There are only like two players left from the Marvin Lewis era...
(02-04-2022, 12:40 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I don't see why there should be any confusion. Doesn't seem all that complicated to me. If you just look at team records without any context, sure you'll get confused...but with the context I added on my last post in reference to the Bucs and Broncos, it's easy to see that they were exceptionally talented teams with dire needs at QB that were then filled by Hall or Famers.

Again, Peyton and Brady knew what they were doing when they hand selected Denver and Tampa. It wasn't a mistake. They didn't go there due to the nice weather. They had the best setup of any of their options.

Elite QB + great roster = SB. Simple as that.
Elite QB + mediocre roster = Brady/Rodgers/Peyton losing in the playoffs, as has occurred many times.
Great roster + mediocre QB = similar disappointing result.

I'll leave it at that. We don't have to fully agree. ThumbsUp

Yeah, I don't want to get too close to those cases but I also don't want to use the exception to prove the rule. So I'll try to rule out the exception lol. I agree it wasn't a coincidence that they went to those teams- and they only joined them because they thought they could win- but neither one was considered a Super Bowl contender without them. It only further proves the point. Peyton and Brady were so good that they could take even mediocre teams (8-8 and 7-9 respectively) to a ring.

We don't have to agree on this but I think Hubbard's point speaks for itself. The ripple effect of a generational quarterback on a team's performance is profound. :p
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: There are only like two players left from the Marvin Lewis era... - tms - 02-04-2022, 12:56 AM