Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
When the Bengals Won the AFC Title, What Was Your Immediate Reaction?
(02-05-2022, 03:31 AM)Science Friction Wrote: How did you react?  Wild celebration?  Silent Jubilation?   Were you reflective and/or introspective?  Too overcome with emotion to say or do much of anything?   Tears?   Bittersweet moment because someone couldn't enjoy the moment with you?

What was it like for you when it hit you--- we are AFC Champions ?!?!?   One of my favorite reactions was that of a man watching from his home and holding his newborn child. When the kick went through, he raised his fist above his head and looked to the heavens. Looked back down, smiling, full of emotion, bent forward and placed a tender kiss on the forehead of his newborn. Never said a word. He didn't have to.

Here's probably my favorite of all the compilation of fan reactions I have seen. This is one i hadn't seen until a few minutes ago.  WOW... You can just feel 33 years of pain and heartache just oozing out of these people from the depths of their souls.  It's both cathartic and heartbreaking to watch. There is a fine line between pleasure and pain. You can see reflections of both in so many of these people.

ENJOY ...

https://youtu.be/QdTVVTvKPAo

Yelled, hugged, maybe cried a little....did snow angels in a t-shirt and shorts, poured Jack Daniels down my buddies throat while he made a snow angel, ran naked down the street.  

And once I calmed down...I realized there was another game to watch.  A part of me wanted SF because I thought they were a better matchup and the Bengals could pay them back for one, but then realized I would rather have the Rams.  The 49ers, I am guessing, have way more fans due to their history and never having moved.  The 49ers are also "unconventional".  

So, I watched the Rams eek it out and sat there and realized I would have to wait two weeks for the game....and the anxiety started growing. 

I have (seriously) been praying for ages that the Bengals win a Super Bowl while my dad is here to celebrate it with me.  He is in great health, but at 88 years of age, I know he could be taken from me quickly.  I have seen posts from many on here that lost a parent recently, and my heart aches for all of you.  My dad is my best friend.  That isn't meant to imply that he was a friend and not a parent growing up.  He was hard on me.  He was VERY hard on me.  Now, I am so grateful for his lessons all my life and we always watch the games together.  Dad still comes to my draft parties and has some bourbon with the boys and tells stories that have my friends dying.  

Just one time (of course I will ask for more after they win!), I want my dad and me to experience the Super Bowl win.  After all the years cheering together.  It would be incredible.  It WILL BE incredible.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: When the Bengals Won the AFC Title, What Was Your Immediate Reaction? - SHRacerX - 02-05-2022, 01:32 PM