Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.83 Average
Super Bowl LVI Halftime Show Stinks
(02-07-2022, 10:50 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: There is some passion in this post.

[Image: The-Who-gif-music-37201198-500-401.gif]

lol you bet!

They are probably my only favourite in life that I think is also the, "best," in said category of them being my favourite.

Pete's mind works on a different level than any modern musician, with exception to maybe Zappa (and even then, I feel he surpasses). The Who never started out that way, as Pete was very, "play it safe," and radio-friendly, until he did, "A Quick One While He's Away," which I think, gave him the confidence to write lengthy, almost themed works... and that's basically what he did until now lol.

But his writing is just on another level too; I didn't know this until I got the Lifehouse boxset (so incredibly-rare and quite expensive, but had to have it), but from, "The Who Sell Out," and on, he wrote every. single. note. of music that the Who or his solo acts performed and recorded himself playing each of those notes, until he perfected his sound and then gave the modifications in notes, tempo, etc. to the rest of the band to have them perform it and make it their own, if necessary.

That's obsessive lol, but it proves how dedicated and skilled at his craft he is and if the product was trash, then it's all for nought… but The Who's stuff is so incredibly-complex, either in writing or in performing (though not always, as I've seen a crap-ton of amateur musicians play their stuff), Pete can play ANY instrument on the planet (outside of brass/woodwind, though he may have picked that up in his later years LOL) and he's at the top of the game in all of them.

Anyways, rambling to death now lol.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Bowl LVI Halftime Show Stinks - Truck_1_0_1_ - 02-07-2022, 12:36 PM