Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
If Bengals Pick Late, Trade Down
(01-01-2022, 03:55 PM)kevin Wrote: Players at end of round 1 are not much better than players top of round 2, but they are more expensive to sign.  If Bengals are a play-off team and pick in the last 10 or so, trade back for more picks.  Trade out of 1 and 2 for top picks in 2 and 3 and try to get extra picks in 3 or 4.   So in top of 2, Bengals could add depth at RB with Isaiah Spiller of Texas A&M.  Top of 3 a young Blocker coming out 2 years early in Zion Nelson, an offensive lineman from Miami Florida. The money saved on dropping a few spots down goes to sign extra picks attained in trading down.  if they could add an extra 3rd round and 4th round trading back a little, they could fill even more areas.  

Now some will say why a RB when we have Mixon. Because most NFL teams have a stable of RBs in case of injuries to the top RBs.  A Top round 2 RB, well, Paul Brown always said it's hard o pass on a RB. We could still get a good Blocker top of 3.  Plus maybe add an extra round 3 and 4, or at worst an extra 4 and 5 in trading back a few spots.  It's a sound move financially, and in talent, and in adding extra picks that are not round 6 or 7 but much better in the mid rounds. I would think a few Blockers drafted is still in order.

We have Mixon, Perine, Evans, but a top round 2 RB would really give us a top stable of RBs. Fantasy players can't argue this, because Fantasy players always draft and hoard every single RB in the NFL worth anything. A top pick round 2 RB sets up a top 3 Blocker and another Blocker and other positions if trading down brings a top 2, a top 3 and another 3, and a couple of round 4's.  That is how I hope they would work a late round pick in 1 and 2, trade down into the top of 2 and 3 and add extra good picks doing it.

I post this waiting for Rose Bowl game. I'm hoping Bengals win a lot more games this year and have a good play-off run, so I'm really not into the Draft until Senior Bowl, Combines and Draft more in the Spring.  I can't see a team drafting late in round 1 and paying round 1 money that way.  Trade back into the top of the next round plus an extra draft pick, and get the same type player at top of round 2 and 3 for less than what late round 1 and 2 costs. And Add more Mid Round Picks.  More BANG for the Buck.

depends on whats sitting there.. and how far back we gotta go.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
If Bengals Pick Late, Trade Down - kevin - 01-01-2022, 03:55 PM
RE: If Bengals Pick Late, Trade Down - J24 - 01-24-2022, 07:55 PM
RE: If Bengals Pick Late, Trade Down - J24 - 01-27-2022, 06:14 PM
RE: If Bengals Pick Late, Trade Down - XenoMorph - 02-07-2022, 04:55 PM
If Bengals Pick Late, Trade Down - BenZoo2 - 02-10-2022, 05:11 PM
RE: If Bengals Pick Late, Trade Down - J24 - 02-18-2022, 03:04 PM