Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Florio revives old narrative
Quote:Quarterback Joe Burrow has clearly transformed the Bengals’ franchise in just two seasons, with the team traveling out to Los Angeles to play in Super Bowl LVI on Tuesday.

But did the young quarterback from Athens, Ohio think about forcing the Bengals’ hand into allowing him to play elsewhere?

“I never thought about telling the Bengals not to draft me or anything like that,” Burrow said in his Monday press conference. “I was just happy to be in the position that I was in, being the potential No. 1 pick. That was exciting for me. I would never throw that opportunity away.”

Burrow has taken full advantage of being with the Bengals by bringing Cincinnati to the Super Bowl in his second season. But as pointed out by Mike Florio on Monday’s episode of PFT Live from the Super Bowl — and detailed further in Playmakers — if Burrow was not from Ohio, three’s a chance Burrow would have gone the way of Eli Manning and refused to play for Cincinnati.

Fortunately for the Bengals, we’ll never know what would’ve happened in that scenario. And Cincinnati could have a Lombardi Trophy to show for it in a few days.

So despite Joe's multiple denials, Florio still claims the only reason he chose to accept the Bengals is because he is from Ohio

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Florio revives old narrative - pally - 02-09-2022, 10:38 AM
RE: Florio revives old narrative - kdgjr - 02-09-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: Florio revives old narrative - jj22 - 02-09-2022, 04:37 PM
RE: Florio revives old narrative - Synric - 02-09-2022, 06:04 PM
RE: Florio revives old narrative - Benton - 02-09-2022, 10:29 PM
RE: Florio revives old narrative - Destro - 02-09-2022, 10:56 PM
RE: Florio revives old narrative - Roland - 02-09-2022, 11:46 PM