Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is why if the Rams win, it will be a damn shame...
(02-09-2022, 10:43 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed and decided to be an edgy internet guy this morning. 

Edit: People converse informally on this forum every day, all day. Posts are not required to cohere to a framework with supporting evidence.

Amen. Sometimes it's nice to just chat on here like we're amongst buddies who all love the Bengals....rather than needing to fact check before every post you make, for fear of being called out for daring to make such bold claims as a franchise coming off 5 straight losing seasons probably didn't produce as much merch.

Apologies for the run on sentence.

(02-09-2022, 11:45 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: It's a simple supply and demand function. Gear of historically bad, small market teams are not going to be manufactured at the same level as yearly contending, major market teams. You'd end up with a massive surplus of Jacksonville Jaguars jerseys each year, and Dak Prescott jerseys would be selling for $500 on ebay if they were all made in the same quantities. 

Disclaimer: I have nothing to support this other than common sense, and if proven wrong, I have no problem admitting when I'm an idiot. 

Makes sense to me, and I don't think anyone here is boldly presenting it as fact.

Not sure why anyone would be offended by this. Nobody is saying the Bengals are cheap. I imagine all franchises coming off multiple losing seasons probably produce less merch.

Next year, we'll probably be inundated with it.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: This is why if the Rams win, it will be a damn shame... - Shake n Blake - 02-09-2022, 03:30 PM