Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dave Chappelle is against affordable housing..
(02-10-2022, 12:15 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Absolutely everyone is against this if it happens in their neighborhood.  Maxine Waters would lose her shit if they built a twenty unit section eight apartment complex next to her private residence.  Look, I live in one of the hardest places in the nation to buy a home, so I rented into my forties.  Now that I own a home I'd fight tooth and nail against any "affordable housing" they tried to erect in my neighborhood.  Luckily I live in Orange County, where they didn't buy too much into this woke bullshit.

I actually advocated for affordable housing near my house. I live in a college town where there is a surplus of housing designed for college students. They were looking to put in a development that would just increase that surplus and I went to City Council advocating for a development designed for lower income families, instead. But, I have also always been in lower income areas until I bought this house. When I was born, we lived in an old coal company town. When we moved here we lived in the "black" part of town and my friends all lives in the subsidized housing. It's just the norm for me.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dave Chappelle is against affordable housing.. - Belsnickel - 02-10-2022, 12:19 PM