Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
So how are you dealing with the Bandwagon Fans?
I love bandwagon fans. They're not coming in jaded from a history of abuse from the franchise. They know very little about the team or the city in many instances, and it's a chance to do a little edumucating.

My son's teacher saw me wearing a Bengals sweatshirt right after the first playoff game. She's late-40s, got all excited. "Ohh, I root for those guys!" I said oh year? She continues on about how she loves their quarterback, but can't remember his name, but was so excited because her family are all Nebraska fans and so the QB being from there made them all so happy. I just laughed. She had no idea what she was talking about, confusing Burrow and Zac. She didn't even know the Bengals were in Cincinnati. She was not an NFL fan by any standard. But she was excited and wanted to learn about the team. And that's the joy that some of the bandwagon / new fans bring that we lose after a while.

So bring 'em on board. Even if they never saw Darnay crack a long TD reception, they're okay in my book.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So how are you dealing with the Bandwagon Fans? - MileHighGrowler - 02-11-2022, 02:05 PM