Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
So how are you dealing with the Bandwagon Fans?
(02-11-2022, 01:00 PM)pally Wrote: everyone starts off as a bandwagon fan.  Some hang around as casual fans, some jump in with both feet and become die-hard, and some only show up in good times but heck as long as they show up it is still good

I would have to think that's probably pretty accurate.  Some here have expressed that they came onboard in the Shula years/1990s, but I can't see a large percentage of people establishing their fandom during the bad times. I myself started watching them in the late '70s but didn't come on board full time until the '81 SB run.  

So, some of these new fans will stick around permanently while some will hang for a year or two and then follow the next new shiny team. You may know such a person and one day you'll say, "I thought you were a Bengals fan?" and they'll reply "Well, yeah, I was until the Jags went 14-3 and beat the Bengals in the AFCCG and went to SB 59."  Such is fandom in all sports.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So how are you dealing with the Bandwagon Fans? - Awful Llama - 02-11-2022, 02:31 PM