Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mitchell Schwartz calling out the NFL for allowing Aaron Donald to be offsides
(02-14-2022, 10:19 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I’m ticked about those calls. I’m not close to being convinced there was a “fix,” but they absolutely affected the outcome of the game.

That being said, I’m amazed at how many people are just chalking this up to the OL and moving on. The OL is lousy, but they were hardly the only problem. We can sign Munoz, Big Willie and Tony Boselli at their respective primes this offseason and they’re still going to look awful until we hire a playcaller who makes it dangerous to blitz every down and until Joe starts to react to them better. This team has way too freaking much offensive talent to be shut out for the final 26-27 minutes of a game. And if you have the stomach to watch, you’ll see our braintrust did nothing to adjust to the pressure.

Yes, get better linemen, please. Post haste. But understand it’s only part of the problem.
Agreed 100%. Maybe players just weren't getting open at all but the constant dropping back, Burrow standing for a second, and then running forward into a sack was so frustrating. The play calling in the second half seemed predictable and scared. I mean how many time did Collinsworth say  "when 94 is in the game don't run" and we did it like 6 times for 0 yards. Burrow seemed to never have anyone to drop it off to except a RB and that's poor design knowing how bad the oline was playing in the second half. I think I saw 1 draw play and it went for 8 yards. I'm not even going to touch how many plays were wasted on Perine.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mitchell Schwartz calling out the NFL for allowing Aaron Donald to be offsides - TheFan - 02-14-2022, 01:22 PM