Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hue Jackson called a run play on the last offensive snap
(11-23-2015, 04:53 PM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: He should have thrown a short pass to AJ or handed it off. I don't blame him for taking a shot if it was there but i disagree with his decision. You still have to trust your quarterback and receiver to make that decision and execute so it's not a big deal.

It's situational football.  Dalton is generally very good at calling audibles but this was not the time to do it based on the situation.  A throw to the pylon, regardless of who is covering AJ, is not the right thing to do on 3rd and 2 from the 25 with a little over a minute remaining - and the other team doesn't have any timeouts.  You call the run play and hope to get the 1st down, worst case you run another 35 seconds off the clock and kick the FG.

I'm all for being aggressive but the situation dictates everything.  It's called situational awareness and is extremely important from a QB perspective.  AD has a lot on his plate but that was such an important call.  Hopefully he'll learn and be better for it next time. But a throw to the pylon in that situation is just too low of a percentage to work.  Too much has to go right, beat coverage, great pass, stay in bounds, etc.

Take a shot like that before halftime but not at the end of the game.  He'll learn.  I hope!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hue Jackson called a run play on the last offensive snap - Daddy-O - 11-26-2015, 12:12 PM