Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mattress Mack Puts $4.5 MILLION On Us To Win!
(02-15-2022, 01:50 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: As I posted above it seems the promotion is sort of insurance.  If he won the bet he would have made $16.2 million but he lost but also added $20 million in increased revenue for his business and a lot of new customers.   So really his customers were betting along side of him.  If he won he made $16.2 million and his customers who spent $3,000 or more on mattresses or sofas got them free.  But he lost and still added about $20 million in new revenue including a bunch of first time customers.

Really it's kind of a smart play.  But he also does seem like a good person as mentioned in my post above.

Disagree, he was in a no lose situation but the customers only won if the underdog won game outright with no points. 

Not positive but betting there were not a lot of big sales in this 2 week window of opportunity for customers either. 

Its not just really smart. its a freaking ingenious marketing move on his part with the bet hedged that brings him and his company fame even. 

I applaud Matress Mike ! 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mattress Mack Puts $4.5 MILLION On Us To Win! - Go Cards - 02-15-2022, 11:06 PM