Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Brown-We want to help Joe
(02-18-2022, 02:54 PM)ladeda Wrote:   Joe Burrow is the franchise-- we all knew this last offseason.    Herbert is the franchise for the Chargers and they stepped up for him with Lindley, Feiler, Slater and Aboushi last offseason.   Every Bengals fan knew they had to fix the OL last year--- Joe Burrow's HEALTH is more important than any other position on the roster, including WR1.  Sorry, not sorry.  

They didn't take the OL seriously last year--- they had the cash to still sign another OL, which was even more critical bc they didn't know how Hopkins would be after returning from surgery and they needed at least 3 guys to begin with.  The FO was so clueless, that they drafted some OL that basically need a few years of development and can't help right away.   How does that help Burrow last year? 

Mike Brown and the FO can shut up---- either sign good lineman for Burrow, or just shut up. Talk is cheap, actions speak louder than words.    Don't tell me about not having the space, bc they do. Don't tell me they have to sign other FA's and that eats up their space--- bc they can sign their own FA's AND still add OL.   Don't tell me no one wants to play here, or they have to overpay.  I'm hearing a lot of excuses already from Bengals fans regarding cap space.   Hint: They have the cap space available to resign their own guys and still add 3 OL. 

Just stop making excuses and get it done.     Go sign Jensen/Jones, Daniels and a RT.   Big signing bonus, so you can have a lower cap hit for 2022 and 2023.  If the Bengals don't fix the OL this offseason, it was bc they were cheap and/or stupid.    They can easily structure deals with lower cap hits to make a run over the next 3 seasons.   I'm just not sure they are willing to do it. 

Put up or Shut up time Mike Brown and Katie Blackburn. It is as simple as that.  Just get it done.  That's your job, get it done. 

Creed Humphrey was a guy i liked and wanted. He went at the end of the 2nd round and very few would have expected him to play as well as he did and grade out at an elite level with PFF, giving up a total of 12 pressures all year (taking the most snaps of any Center in the NFL). 

Jackson Carmen went before Humphrey and was expected to eventually take over the RG spot and be a factor. Didn't happen. 

Draft is a crap shoot and FA comes with a lot of "i hope". The Bengals could sign the top 2 FA, RT and RG, this year and they could both go down with season ending injuries by game 3, or they could simply not live up to expectations. 

Hindsight is a wonderful tool that's not at all usable in the moment.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Mike Brown-We want to help Joe - pally - 02-17-2022, 11:38 AM
RE: Mike Brown-We want to help Joe - pally - 02-17-2022, 02:10 PM
Mike Brown-We want to help Joe - BenZoo2 - 02-17-2022, 02:53 PM
RE: Mike Brown-We want to help Joe - TKUHL - 02-17-2022, 11:11 PM
RE: Mike Brown-We want to help Joe - rfaulk34 - 02-18-2022, 03:31 PM
RE: Mike Brown-We want to help Joe - 3wt - 02-18-2022, 03:10 PM
RE: Mike Brown-We want to help Joe - treee - 02-18-2022, 03:40 PM
RE: Mike Brown-We want to help Joe - Yogo - 02-18-2022, 04:33 PM
RE: Mike Brown-We want to help Joe - Yogo - 02-18-2022, 05:23 PM
RE: Mike Brown-We want to help Joe - Yogo - 02-18-2022, 08:52 PM