Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Burrow is causing so many of these sacks...
(02-18-2022, 09:13 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: None of those sack percentages are good, and we seem to agree that Burrow being aggressive is the reason the sack % went up this year. Without looking, I'm guessing the sack % was lower for Burrow in 2020 (but still very bad).

Andrew Luck had awful lines as well. He just never changed to protect himself. He shouldn't have had to though. Didn't he also have a problem with sliding? He ran a bit more than Joe.

You're not going to throw any QB behind this line and see anything less than 40 sacks, and that's if you neuter the offense to protect the line. I'm saying that's the wrong mentality to take.

We don't reach the Super Bowl this year if Burrow had to play like Dalton, making one read and throwing quickly. Getting in the habit of checking down at the first sign of danger. We know this line is doo-doo, right? So work on it and let Burrow be Burrow and lets see if we're still giving up 50+ sacks in reg season.

If so, fine. Try to get Burrow to change things up. Until then, I can't sit here and say Joe is the problem when we've always had this problem, but always schemed to hide it.

Fix it first, and see how it goes. If we have a line full of good talent and without multiple guys grading in the 40s per PFF, and Joe still gets sacked 50+ times, sure...let's talk Joe. We haven't seen that yet.

That's all I'm saying.

Right

With Adeniji getting rolled like the joints I used to.... well anyways, when you have .065 seconds to throw the ball with free rushers every other play it doesn't matter who is QB.

The offense will suffer - big time.

Get the man a damn Oline for cryin out loud.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If Burrow is causing so many of these sacks... - bengalfan74 - 02-18-2022, 09:22 PM