Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Burrow is causing so many of these sacks...
(02-18-2022, 09:51 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 2020 wasn't as drastic though, and it fell in line with most of our previous years. This year we were much more aggressive as an offense with the addition of Chase, therefore we were probably worrying a lot less about masking line deficiencies.

Burrow definitely causes some of his own sacks as all QBs do. I just haven't seen any compelling evidence that - rather than this being a case of an aggressive offense further exposing an already bad line - that it's more Joe's fault, and we're going to give up 50 sacks regardless, because that's just Joe.

Apologies for the run on sentence. LOL

There's definitely things Joe can do to avoid some of these sacks. I'm just saying that before we go changing Joe, we should have a pretty air tight line without multiple guys grading in the 40s.

To simplify what I'm trying to convey here, let's say 50 of the sacks were on the line and 20 were on Joe/the offense being aggressive. I'd rather get the line to where it's allowing 25 sacks than to ask Joe to tone it down just to cut out 10-15 sacks.

Our offense being so dynamic was a key reason we did so well last year. Get the line fixed and don't change a thing. For now, of course.

I think we're on the same page for the most part. The line definitely needs an improvement, there is no way around that. That is step number one. Once you get those guys in the building you can work with Joe on some of his weak points, which I think will naturally improve as he trusts his line more. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If Burrow is causing so many of these sacks... - KillerGoose - 02-18-2022, 09:55 PM