Poll: Will Joe Burrow lead the Bengals back to the Superbowl soon?
This poll is closed.
Absolutely
76.92%
60 76.92%
Negative, Ghost Rider
23.08%
18 23.08%
Total 78 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Will Bengals be back in Superbowl soon?
(02-15-2022, 03:11 PM)thillan Wrote: So tough to say. There's so much talk about the Bengals attracting free agents.. but I think it's harder than that. If you're a player - you have a plethora of good options in the AFC.

Chiefs? No cap, but if you could SOMEHOW play with Mahomes, you probably take it.

Chargers? Herbert is arguably more exciting that Burrow, and has shown he can go toe to toe with the best of them. Defensive talent is what is needed.. and you're in LA, which I'm sure lots of athletes will love.

Bills? Josh Allen is a freak, and the team is becoming a blue-chip. Need better weapons to go with Allen.

The one we probably don't want to admit - Lamar. I saw some replies to my comment, but Baltimore would've been much tougher if the injury bug hadn't hit them that hard. Players seem to love Lamar.

I'm sure there's others.. Broncos, etc. The biggest thing to me is the cap space, and the fact that most of those teams I listed have a good OL, so the talent will hopefully want to come here. But to go back is going to be so hard. Not impossible, but the way this year went it was the PERFECT setup. We honestly should've put it away after that second interception by Stafford.

Just saying that we can make it back, but the road to make it back is so much more difficult in this current time with the talented QBs that are all over the AFC. Heck, Pittsburgh becomes a contender again if they snag one of the FA QBs they are rumored to be targeting.

However, I don't doubt we are back in the playoffs next year. I've never seen a Bengals team that healthy though, wow what a stretch. So close.

You name the issue. The AFC has a bunch of good, young teams with young qbs.

We could add a few solid lineman and not make it to the SB...just like KC this past season.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will Bengals be back in Superbowl soon? - THE PISTONS - 02-19-2022, 08:02 PM