Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austin Corbett = Jackson Carmen
(02-20-2022, 04:04 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Im not sure about develop idea,  I actually would say QB is the hardest to develop, and there are busts in 1/2 round across positions.

Corbert is a nice story but what he did is rare, be like Price doing the same after being traded... what worries me about Carmen is it was a total open competition between mostly young players and he was not able to break through as our 2nd round pick... that was a disappointment but way too early to be some bust label on him, next season though he needs to grab the starter position or I would start to really worry about him. 

Well, as several of us cautioned after last year's draft, taking a chance on a guy with spine issues was really dicey.  Many persisted that he had it fixed, and that the transition to Guard would offer him "new life" at an easier position, where he could just use his physicality to bully his opponents into submission.

However, even when he was healthy, I did not see him flashing much greatness.  Yes, he had a few plays to call highlights, but by and large, he was subpar in pass pro, and adequate at best in run blocking.  The back issue did come back to hamper him, which recovering from whatever course of treatment he undergoes to remedy it, will likely cost him even more valuable developmental time.

I don't want to call a guy a bust after one season, but in my eyes, it ain't looking great for Jackson Carman going forward.  I don't feel like the team should rely on his recovery and development as the answer to the problems at RG.  If I were the Bengals GM, I would be looking for the strongest RG in FA that they could feasibly afford to bring on, as well as charting prospects in the mid rounds of the draft.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Austin Corbett = Jackson Carmen - SunsetBengal - 02-20-2022, 07:59 PM