Anyone who works with Stephen A Smith and Skip Bayless
8.70%
2 8.70%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN's Arthur Ashe Courage Award and the dropped ball
(06-04-2015, 11:40 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Crap didnt look here before posting in the klotsch thread on Jenner. Basically I said what a joke which is what most people agree with.

I also was listening to Cowherd on this, and he seemed genuinly pissed that Jenner got this award over Lauren Hill. He probably will get in trouble for a couple of things, but I agreed with him before even listening. She faced death and still fought on until the end inspiring anyone with half a heart. Jenner on the other hand becomes a woman, signs a big book deal, and getting a new t.v. show. Yeah, what a effing joke.

*for the record I am full supporter of gay, lesbian, etc. rights. But this decision was purely political correct it seems choosing a celebrity getting a sex change over a college athlete that inspired millions when facing death*

Why is it surprising when a big media company makes a decision motivated by politics and economics?

In the absence of Jenner let's say the award went to Hill. Then you can have people questioning them for trying to profit from a young woman's death, which they most certainly would be doing.

So, what I am getting is there is a contingent here who would rather see ESPN profiteer on a young female athlete's untimely death over profiteering on the gender politics of the day. Sorry, but not the bandwagon I want to jump on.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ESPN's Arthur Ashe Courage Award and the dropped ball - xxlt - 06-05-2015, 09:20 AM