Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russia begins moving troops into eastern Ukraine
(02-23-2022, 08:51 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I have to say, my view of Ukraine is a different one than most in the U.S. As an anti-imperialist lefty I tend to be very skeptical of our government and the way they have their fingers in things throughout the world. We helped to perpetuate the coup in 2014 for our own interests, and supported literal neo-Nazis in the process of doing so. This group of fascists are a part of the Ukrainian National Guard, so even though we nominally cut off aid to them in 2018 (after shooting down such a proposal in 2015), military aid we give to Ukraine supports them, as well.

The deposed president was a corrupt POS, but honestly not much has changed in the time since then. Corruption is still ongoing in the country, at least as compared to western standards. The old Combloc is rampant with it and it is a part of the culture. We aren't going to change that. Our government is just involved in an ongoing tug-of-war where we are doing the same thing as Russia just with different techniques.

Our involvement in Ukraine is purely in our own self-interest and has nothing to do with the people of Ukraine and everything to do with our own. It's imperialistic and we just need to GTFO.

And your point falls under the larger discussion of our country's own faults and the bad things we do around the world.

I don't doubt this will always go on.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Russia begins moving troops into eastern Ukraine - GMDino - 02-23-2022, 10:08 AM