Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russia begins moving troops into eastern Ukraine
(02-23-2022, 03:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I agree, but I think the increase in interest in an authoritative government combined with a political party that has a more and more advantageous road into power is what has my "this might happen" alarm sounding. 

It just doesn't seem like we really have to convince that many people that we want this before it happens. 

Maybe not, although I certainly hope that's not the case.  I will say there does seem to be a decay in acknowledgment of inherent rights among the younger crowd.  For example, look how many people would not include "hate speech" as protected speech under the 1st amendment.  It's not an insignificant number and it's not the only example.  I think that we've had it so good for so long in this country, with some obvious exceptions, that many people no longer recognize just how important those freedoms are, how rare they are in human history, how much people had to fight and die to implement and maintain them and how easy they are to lose.  It's certainly no less of a concern than what you're referring to.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Russia begins moving troops into eastern Ukraine - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 02-23-2022, 04:06 PM