Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jesse Bates Was Just On NFL Network
(02-23-2022, 07:41 PM)Whatever Wrote: Sounds like he'll be FT'd.  He made the comment, "You only get one shot at this.  I hope it's not under the tag.". Also talked about how the NFLPA needs to address the FT because it "hurts guys."

He probably stays on the tag this year and walks next year.  Hopefully he doesn't mail it in again like he did in the regular season.

Admittedly, I don't pay super close attention to the contract side of things.  It's just not my interest.  But I don't know how the FT "hurts" anyone unless they get injured or phone it in and don't want to put out full effort, in which case their next longer term deal would be hit.  But it's guaranteed money, and it's not bottom money.  

I kind of find it insulting when players get upset when they have "prove it" years and just want their payday.  I get it from their perspective of "get paid today, who knows what tomorrow brings", but that's not how almost anyone else's job works and making significantly less money doing them.  Bates has what, $7M to his name now as a Bengal?  He could retire tomorrow.  Or, he can decide to keep playing because he enjoys it.  Not saying he's making a scene, but this is why I don't get into the contract details.  Billionaires and millionaires arguing about money doesn't interest me beyond the fact that the more one guy wants to pad his account means the rest of the team often suffers. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jesse Bates Was Just On NFL Network - MileHighGrowler - 02-23-2022, 08:06 PM