Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russia begins moving troops into eastern Ukraine
I'm wondering if this would not be the perfect time to declare war on Russia.

Now, here me out, because I already know that first sentence is going to rile people up. What I am discussing would not be a ground war, at all. The US could declare war, a just war against an aggressor, and then solely target Russian air and naval assets. In both areas the US has a massive advantage. You would also be able to take out Russian shipping as well. Now, this would not cause them significant economic grief, because China will give them whatever they need. But it would cripple their ability to project power beyond bordering neighbors, all of which will be on high alert against them. Russia does not have the economy to recoup even middling losses to their air force and navy, so any damage we inflict, which would be considerable, would take an extremely long time to replace, if they could be replaced at all. Plus it gives us a chance to really damage Russia without China intervening militarily, as China has already declared themselves essentially neutral in this conflict.

I know there is always the risk of escalation, or even the use of nuclear weapons. But I do think that delaying conflict with Russia is just that, delaying it. And it's likely that when the time of such conflict is chosen by someone other than us it will not be just Russian we are facing. Anyways, I thought I'd throw it out there for discussion as we all impotently look on at the first war of aggression in Europe since WW2.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Russia begins moving troops into eastern Ukraine - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 02-24-2022, 12:54 PM