Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Christian Terrorists Kill American Civilians and Shoot Police
(11-29-2015, 10:56 AM)GMDino Wrote: Has Lucy been giving you tips on how to be wrong and defend it?

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investigate/terrorism/terrorism-definition

I don't see where it is defined solely by "motive".

Solid post though.

By the definition of "motive", trying to coerce or intimidate civilians is a motive. Now, it seems like you were trying to say that the very fact that this man was trying to cause fear in people  (intimidate), regardless of his motive (using motive strictly as whatever the outcome of their coercion is... i.e. "end planned parenthood funding), means that this is terrorism. 

In this sense, you are right. However, if we are just using the broad definition of motive, bfine is also right. If I killed someone just to kill them, it is not terrorism. I need a motive, which may just be the fact that I am trying to coerce or intimidate.

Granted, I didn't read through the whole exchange, but if someone stated "we need to know why they were trying to intimidate them so that we know if it was terrorism", then I would suggest that this person was incorrect. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Christian Terrorists Kill American Civilians and Shoot Police - BmorePat87 - 11-29-2015, 12:43 PM