Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Lewis Extension Still Leaves A Bad Taste In My Mouth
(06-05-2015, 10:04 AM)Who Dey Time Wrote: So the Bengals have won 10 games per season since 2011 with the following......

A bad head coach in Marvin Lewis (according to some).
A bad quarterback in Andy Dalton (according to some).
A cheap skate owner in Mike Brown (according to some).

I can't think of one organization that has a bad owner, bad head coach and bad QB that consistently churns out 10 wins a year.  Perhaps, these individuals aren't as terrible as many people want us to believe.

Other than a very small percentage of extremists, no one really says they're "bad". They aren't bad and most people acknowledge that.

They're just...not necessarily GOOD either.

I don't think there's much coincidence that MB started giving more control to others and then the franchise miraculously started turning around. MB is still not the worst person alive, but a lot of people have beef with a quarter of a century playoff drought. That's going to bring scrutiny anywhere in professional sports.

Andy Dalton and Marvin Lewis are fine and have done a lot for the team, but a lot of people complain because they want to see very good or great players/coaches in their positions instead.

The arguments mostly come between people with the same opinions (Andy and Marvin are somewhere around average) but with different plans for the end game. While myself and someone else both believe Marvin Lewis is a good regular season HC and terrible primetime/playoff HC, I may want him gone while the other guy may want him to stay and we both have different reasons for our opinions. Surprisingly enough, there is almost a general consensus on the ability of these guys, but a lot of us differ when it comes to what to do with them.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvin Lewis Extension Still Leaves A Bad Taste In My Mouth - djs7685 - 06-05-2015, 10:13 AM