Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Bengals haven't done enough to address O-line problems.
(03-16-2022, 04:21 AM)Sanforbd Wrote: How often do we even have commitments by day two? We’ve clearly shown that the long neglected issue, which we’ve tried solving via grooming or bargain shopping, is finally a priority. Let’s give them some space to work. I’m willing to have faith that at a minimum we still have a Reif level tackle incoming, that along with our two signee's and our current roster of ascending (hopefully ) talent is enough to satisfy me. We could do more, but we could do much less. I’ll trust the process.

We're usually waiting for that second wave of signings around Day 7. Their free agency approach has been completely different the last three years compared to the last three decades. I was taking a wait and see approach, but they have convinced me with their free agency approach three years in a row. It shows me the reins have changed hands.  

It feels as if they are finally taking full advantage of this opportunity to improve the roster.  Combined with their recent drafts, this approach got them to the Super Bowl after two seasons. The scouting of the pro players to bring in as free agents has been excellent, also. And I rarely use the word "excellent." It's reserved for truly excellent work.

Hell, I'll probably even my end self-imposed boycott of team merchandise until I see a change. Because, finally, I've seen it.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals haven't done enough to address O-line problems. - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 03-16-2022, 09:54 AM