Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zach Wilson - First round pick. When do you give up?
(04-11-2022, 11:16 AM)CloeHokie Wrote: Lately a lot of you have said I will never give up on a early draft pick like Carman. He's too early of a pick to draft a possible replacement. I have made the argument that waiting to bring in competition regardless of where they are drafted can be harmful to the team.

Let's look at Zach Wilson. First round pick and early. He's awful. I don't need 3 more seasons to see it. Neither do most FA who aren't desperate according to this

"An NFL executive told Sando that the Jets "were in on a ton of guys and got nobody," including Tyreek Hill, who chose the Dolphins over the Jets when Kansas City granted him permission to seek a trade in March. “They don’t have a selling point to players right now," the executive said. "People don’t know what to think of Zach Wilson, players don’t necessarily covet playing in that market, and guys who have choices tend to wind up elsewhere. They are in this weird purgatory."

How long should the Jets just sit back and say hey he's the guy. We don't need to bring in any competition. Should no one challenge him for the starting job? If so how does that not hurt they team? Letting a garbage bag in there for another 3 years just because? Maybe he will improve!  I'd say Joe flacco isn't really competition so let's see how it pans out for them sticking to their guns this year. Everything I have ever watched and seen tells me they will be wrong. But hey, let optimism run the franchise and let's see where it gets them! If they are smart they should see what QBs are around in this draft at least later to bring in some competition in case he doesn't get better which seems most likely to me

I would say its too early to just cut Carman.   But i would not pencil him in as the starter yet either after what we saw last year....  

And we still need better depth across all the OL
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zach Wilson - First round pick. When do you give up? - XenoMorph - 04-11-2022, 01:46 PM