Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Welcome to the jungle Daxton Hill!
Copy and pasted and paraphrased from the draft thread:

I did some digging which included his NFL.com profile and a couple draft profiles. This guy is going to be used exactly how we wanted to use Ricardo Allen. They paint him as a safety with great coverage skills. But they specifically said that the way he plays was made for a guy playing in the linebacker part of the field. Said he had good instincts in shading, bumping guys and bailing into deep coverage from the linebacker position.

I don’t think this guy is a Bates replacement pick. This seems to be Zac and Lou getting the guy they wanted for years to play that 3rd safety role. This kid doing well could actually help get Bates paid. If this 3 safety thing is a box office smash hit it’s gonna be HARD letting Bates walk.

I had to ask myself why someone so versatile was even there at 31. My biggest guess as to why he was there at 31 is teams actually dinged him for his versatility. The issue with guys that can play S, and CB is they go thru their whole high school and college careers with their coach using them exactly how they want, then get to the NFL and a coach tells you which position he thinks you’re better at and boom now you are playing 1 position your whole NFL career. And if you suck at it it’s your fault and you are a bust. Remember Mark Barron? He was a S that probably should’ve played linebacker his whole career. So at least this pick passes me first red flag test. He’s multi positional and we are planning to use him in a multi positional manner. Why draft a CB/S mix of you are just gonna make him a S or CB. That’s stupid to me. Get his ass in games at both positions.

Last note. Imagine the blitz packages and zone disguises we’ll be able to do with this kid. This kid with 4.3 speed is gonna be a menace in blitzes and QBs will absolutely HAVE to account for him in zone. He’s a kid i could see actually becoming an NFL playmaker after not getting many picks in college. Imagine sets where Bates is the only safety back and Bell and Hill are hugging the LOS presnap. There’s basically no way to tell what play well run besides assuming that Whatever side Bell is on, he won’t be playing man coverage on a WR. If Vonn Bell’s man coverage is pretty decent even that scenario is kinda fun.

I can only assume this kid won’t be in on 1st and 2nd down. So hopefully his size and tacking ability won’t come into play a lot. This kid also allows us to stick a solid guy on TEs without having to do a sub to get Tre Flowers in or trust Vonn Bell. This gives us versatility to have a base nickel formation that has the ability to man cover a TE without taking Bell out of deep coverage
-Housh
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Welcome to the jungle Daxton Hill! - Housh - 04-29-2022, 01:23 AM
RE: Welcome to the jungle Daxton Hill! - IcoHolic - 04-29-2022, 04:17 PM