Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Welcome to the jungle Daxton Hill!
(04-29-2022, 10:56 AM)grampahol Wrote: I think the pick also lets Bates know it's time to shit or get off the pot.. I think he's a FA next season because he likes the pot.. 

MONEY is very much a factor some fans are forgetting.  If Bates and his Agent are looking for Bates to be The Highest Paid Safety in The NFL on a long term contract, and I said IF, then that is a contract that won't happen and Bates leaves after 2022.   Now I like Bates Motel, I really do, but even I can't say he is THE BEST Safety in The NFL.   So If Bates and his Agent are way over priced and asking for more money than any Safety in The NFL is getting, Bengals have to let him walk.  Bengals must also think about future contracts of Burrow, Chase and being under the Cap.  So MONEY could be pricing Bates off this team IF he is wanting to be the NFL highest paid Safety.   

We know contract negotiations have NOT gone well between Bengals and Bates Agent.   So here was a Safety in Hill who could have went at 18 and Bengals got him at 31 as the best player left on the board.  If Bates days with Bengals are coming to an end,  Hill is a great pick.  I like Bates Motel, but I can't say he is THE BEST Safety in The NFL.  He and his Agent may be trying to break Bengals Cap Money, and are we willing to give up a Burrow or Chase to keep Bates and stay under salary cap, probably a big NO to that one. 

If Bates stays or goes, Hill is still a good pick,  but contract negotiations point to Bates leaving in hopes some team makes him the highest paid Safety in NFL.  MONEY is always a factor in Pro Sports. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Welcome to the jungle Daxton Hill! - kevin - 04-29-2022, 07:49 PM
RE: Welcome to the jungle Daxton Hill! - IcoHolic - 04-29-2022, 04:17 PM