Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Christian Terrorists Kill American Civilians and Shoot Police
(12-02-2015, 03:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Does this organization receive Federal assistance and other type of aid, to include tax breaks under the faith based initiatives?

Your attempt here to, as put by another user, move the bar is noted. I have no knowledge of their filing status for anything, only what they identify as and their justification as such. Any organization does not require government recognition to be such. I know churches that are not officially recognized by the government all over my area, does that mean they are not a Christian organization?

I understand that it is an uncomfortable thing to think of people that identify as something we may ourselves identify as taking such an action. Trying to distance ourselves from them is the natural reaction. "They are not Christian" is the first thing we want to think and say, but they are saying they are. Those that may not be Christian will see them as such. So we make statements to say that what they did is not Christian, that we do not recognize them as such, that we are against their extremist stance on something that we also do not agree with but would not go to such extremes, or even think about doing so, in order to combat it. And inevitably, many people will ignore all of that and just say that his Christian beliefs led him to do what he did.

Just seems to be a very familiar script these days.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Christian Terrorists Kill American Civilians and Shoot Police - Belsnickel - 12-02-2015, 04:07 PM